The built-in barcode generator is a tool to design barcodes based on a tracking number. This tool is valuable for sharing Assetas links to view on mobile devices. Applications include sharing links to anonymous health screening forms, observation forms, internal dashboards, and notification reminders.
Locate the barcode generator
- Locate a record with a populated tracking code.
- On the detail’s page, select the barcode icon to the right of the “Tracking Code”.
- Confirm the following fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Encoded Information: Enter the information you wish to encode in the barcode.
- Size: Move the slider to the appropriate size you wish to generate.
- Select “Generate” upon completion.
Display the barcodes
Upon selecting to generate the code, the page will display different barcode formats that match both the encoded information and the size you prescribed. Right-click to copy images that you will use elsewhere.
Supported barcode types
Assetas supports the following barcode types:
UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, ITF, Codabar, MSI, RSS-14 (all variants), QR Code, Data Matrix, Aztec, and PDF-417.