Improve, Simplify, Automate
your processes with RFID
Solving equipment tracking challenges today to improve your business operations.
What is RFID?
Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is a wireless technology that uses electromagnetic fields to locate, identify, and track tags that have been attached to objects.
RFID technology requires two pieces of equipment for use:
- An RFID tag
- An RFID reader
An RFID tag contains a tiny radio transponder that is both a receiver and a transmitter. When scanned by an RFID reader, the tag transmits information back to the reader, typically an identification number. RFID tags are available in myriad forms and sizes – from self-adhesive tags to sewn-in clothing labels to key cards. Tags may be either attached to or embedded within objects.
RFID readers may be either mobile/handheld or attached to another piece of equipment. Handheld readers may be used as standalone devices or paired with a mobile device, like an iPhone. They’re simple to use and straightforward to integrate into current inventory processes.
Assetas supports all modern RFID scanners and barcode readers.
Common RFID Applications
RFID technology is utilized across industries and has wide-ranging applications.
Check-Out / Check-In Transactions
RFID tracking expedites check-out/check-in transactions by eliminating manual look-ups.
- Strengthen accountability and improve the accuracy of your check-out/check-in processes, whether handling items individually or in batch.
- Assign responsible parties to items as they are checked-out to improve traceability.
- View summary reports and statistics anywhere, from any device.
- Gain visibility into highly used and/or consumed assets to inform future procurement decisions.
Asset & Inventory Management
RFID can increase confidence and reduce manhours spent on inventory efforts with efficient, automated responses to inventory challenges.
- Quickly inventory assets at the point of acquisition and at the time of distribution or disposal, whether individually or in batch.
- Track services or maintenance performed on assets at the time of service, with the option to enter other critical details and attributes to save time.
- Trigger alerts and notifications based on data entered during the inventory process.
- Track the cost incurred by an asset throughout its lifecycle.
- Access your current inventory and view real-time reports and customizable dashboards anywhere, from any device.
Locate Missing Items
RFID supports lost item procedures by using homing technology that doesn’t require a line of sight.
- Automate workflows and notifications to quickly alert users that an item is missing or placed in an incorrect location.
- Leverage reports and dashboards to quickly understand which assets require prioritization and to inform purchasing decisions when considering replacement.
- Know which items are missing at any time, from any device.