The phone type reflects the purpose of the phone number and how it should be used.
Add a new phone type
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Expand the “Lists” menu under “Configuration”.
- Expand the “Type” menu under “Lists”.
- Select the “Phone” menu.
- Select “Add” to add a phone type.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Name*: Enter the name of the type of phone number.
- Description: Enter a description of the phone type.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier that represents this record in an external system.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
Manage phone types
- Locate the phone type record.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- Edit the phone type.
- Download the phone type definition for import into another database.
- Delete the phone type. You may delete types only when they are not in use at any record.