“Telemetry” represents a collection of data used to quantify or describe the operating conditions of an asset over time. This asset-based data often captures operating parameters such as temperature, pressures, flow, and runtimes.
Search for telemetry
- Expand “Telemetry” on the sidebar navigation.
- Select “Search” to display the full list of every telemetry data point.
- Populate the data filter fields where applicable, or leave blank to view all records.
- Select “Search Data” upon completion to view results.
- Expand the “Data Filters” section to limit the results based on specific fields.
- Select “Refresh List” to load an updated list; alternatively, select “Reset” to clear all of the filters.
- Select column headers to sort by column, alphabetically.
Add a new telemetry record
- Expand the “Telemetry” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Select “New” to add a telemetry record.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Asset*: Select the asset that is linked to this telemetry data point.
- Type*: Select the type of telemetry.
- Active Date*: Enter the date and time when this telemetry data point applies.
- Inactive Date: Enter the date and time this telemetry data point no longer applies.
- Numeric Value: Enter the numeric value of the telemetry.
- Text Value: Enter the text value of the telemetry.
- Unit of Measure*: Select the unit of measure for the telemetry data point.
- Estimated: Toggle on if the value of the telemetry data point is estimated.
- Invalid: Toggle on if the value of the telemetry data point is invalid.
- Collected On*: Enter the date and time when this telemetry data point was collected. This field is defaulted to the current date and time.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier that represents this record in an external system.
- Comments: Enter any comments that apply to the telemetry data point.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
Please note that new telemetry data will overwrite existing telemetry data if the asset, telemetry type, active date, and units of measure are the same as an existing data point.
Lock or unlock a telemetry record
A locked telemetry record allows users with appropriate access to view the telemetry details, while users with appropriate access can both view and edit an unlocked telemetry record.
- Locate the telemetry record and select the View/Edit button for the desired telemetry record.
- Toggle the “Lock” or “Unlock” button in the Details section.
- Locate the telemetry record.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- View detailed information or edit the telemetry record.
- Delete this telemetry record.