The Data Import module allows you to import asset types and multiple asset records at a time using a validated import template supported by Assetas. Contact us for a custom data import.
Download the asset import template
Select this link to download the asset import template: Asset Import Template
- Review the instructions on the first tab of each template.
- Match the columns provided exactly; do not delete or add any columns.
- Match the data formats specified in the template.
- Ensure all required fields noted with an asterisk (*) are populated.
- Save the file to your computer with a clear name prior to import.
- Do not delete the file immediately after import; use the file to troubleshoot and/or validate that the import was successful.
Bulk import steps
- Once you have a completed template ready for import, save it to your computer.
- Close the file prior to import. (The import will fail if the file is open.)
- Launch Assetas.
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Select the “Data Import” menu.
- Drag and drop the import template file into the designated area on the Data Import page. Dropping the file here will immediately schedule the file for processing. You’ll see a confirmation message in the lower right corner of your screen that the import has been scheduled for processing.
- You will receive a summary email once the import has completed processing, which will include the processing time and the number of rows of data that were successfully processed, ignored, or resulted in errors. View the detailed import log information by clicking the link in the email.
There are several tools built into the system to enable you to validate your import processes:
- Select the link in the import summary email to view the detailed import log information.
- At the bottom of the Data Import page, select the “View Data Imports” button to view detailed information on your import history. From this page, you’ll see any imports that are scheduled for processing and a list of all previous data import attempts, along with the start date, end date, file processed, and processing statistics.
- Under the Actions menu, you may view the detailed import log for each imported record. This tool may provide additional information on any rows that were ignored or resulted in errors. You have the option to download the data import file processed in each import and delete the data import log information.
- Verify that your imports have processed as expected by checking the data in the database against your import file.