A document type represents the format or function of a document.
Add a new document type
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Expand the “Lists” menu under “Configuration”.
- Expand the “Type” menu under “Lists”.
- Select the “Document” menu.
- Select “Add” to add a document type.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Name*: Enter the name of the type of document.
- Allow Asset Associations: Toggle on if this document type allows associations to assets.
- Allow Contact Associations: Toggle on if this document type allows associations to contacts.
- Allow Task Associations: Toggle on if this document type allows associations to tasks.
- Description: Enter a description of the type of document.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier that represents this record in an external system.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
Sections and attributes
See Sections and Attributes for instructions on how to create and manage sections and their attributes.
Manage document types
- Locate the document type record.
- If the In Use column displays “Yes”, click the “Yes” text to view a report of all documents categorized as this type.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- Edit the document type.
- Download the document type definition for import into another database.
- Copy the document type to immediately create a duplicated record in the database. When used, update the new name of the copied record to a unique value.
- Delete the document type. You may delete types only when they are not in use at any record.