Report Categories allow you to group reports for easier navigation.
Add a new report category
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Expand the “Lists” menu under “Configuration”.
- Expand the “Categories” menu.
- Select the “Report Categories” menu.
- Select “Add” to add a report category.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Name*: Enter the name of the report category.
- Icon*: Select an icon that best represents the report category.
- Sort Order*: Set the position of this report category in relation to the other report categories. Items with the same sort order are sorted alphabetically.
- Description: Enter a description of the report category.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier for this report category.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
Tip: Please note that the icon and sort order are required for this type of data record.
Manage report categories
- Locate the report category record.
- If the In Use column displays “Yes”, click the “Yes” text to view a report of all report in this category.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- Edit the report category.
- Download the report category definition for import into another database.
- Delete the report category. You may delete report categories only when they are not in use to group any reports.