The role represents the responsibilities a person or company has over an asset.
Add a new role
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Expand the “Lists” menu under “Configuration”.
- Expand the “Type” menu under “Lists”.
- Select the “Role” menu.
- Select “Add” to add a role.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Name*: Enter the name of the type of role.
- Description: Enter a description of the role.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier that represents this record in an external system.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
- Locate the role record.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- Edit the role.
- Download the role definition for import into another database.
- Delete the role. You may delete roles only when they are not in use at any record.