A task type is the category of a task and is used to differentiate between tasks. A Task Type may be created in response to maintenance activities, environmental requirements, or safety initiatives.
Add a new task type
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Expand the “Lists” menu under “Configuration”.
- Expand the “Type” menu under “Lists”.
- Select the “Task” menu.
- Select “Add” to add a task type.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Name*: Enter the name of the type of task.
- Allow Asset Associations: Toggle on if this task type allows associations to assets.
- Allow Correspondence: Toggle on if this task type allows the storage of correspondence.
- Allow Document Associations: Toggle on if this task type allows associations to documents.
- Description: Enter a description of the type of task.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier that represents this record in an external system.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
Sections and attributes
See Sections and Attributes for instructions on how to create and manage sections and their attributes.
Manage task types
- Locate the task type record.
- If the In Use column displays “Yes”, click the “Yes” text to view a report of all tasks categorized as this type.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- Edit the task type.
- Download the task type definition for import into another database.
- Copy the task type to immediately create a duplicated record in the database. When used, update the new name of the copied record to a unique value.
- Delete the task type. You may delete types only when they are not in use at any record.