Telemetry types represent telemetry data sources and types of data.
Add a new telemetry type
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Expand the “Lists” menu under “Configuration”.
- Expand the “Type” menu under “Lists”.
- Select the “Telemetry” menu.
- Select “Add” to add a telemetry type.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Name*: Enter the name of the type of telemetry.
- Description: Enter a description of the telemetry type.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier that represents this record in an external system.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
Manage telemetry types
- Locate the telemetry type record.
- If the In Use column displays “Yes”, click the “Yes” text to view a report of all telemetry categorized as this type.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- Edit the telemetry type.
- Download the telemetry type definition for import into another database.
- Delete the telemetry type. You may delete types only when they are not in use at any record.