A work type is the category of a task and contains one or more activities. A work type may be nested under other work types (if child records are allowed).
Add a new work type
- Expand the “Configuration” menu on the sidebar navigation.
- Expand the “Lists” menu under “Configuration”.
- Expand the “Type” menu under “Lists”.
- Select the “Work” menu.
- Select “Add” to add a work type.
- Populate the fields. Data fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Name*: Enter the name of the type of work.
- Allow Sub-Work Items: Toggle on if this work type allows child work items.
- Allow Asset Associations: Toggle on if this work type allows associations to assets.
- Allow Contact Associations: Toggle on if this work type allows associations to contacts.
- Allow Contact Role Associations: Toggle on if this work type allows associations to contact roles.
- Allow Document Associations: Toggle on if this work type allows associations to documents.
- Allow Task Generation: Toggle on if this work type creates tasks.
- Description: Enter a description of the type of work.
- External Identifier: Enter a unique identifier that represents this record in an external system.
- Select “Save” upon completion.
Manage work types
- Locate the work type record.
- If the In Use column displays “Yes”, click the “Yes” text to view all work items categorized as this type.
- To the right of each record, under the Actions menu, you may:
- Edit the work type.
- Download the work type definition for import into another database.
- Copy the work type to immediately create a duplicated record in the database. When used, update the new name of the copied record to a unique value.
- Delete the work type. You may delete types only when they are not in use at any record.