What do I do if I’m locked out?
Why did I get locked out of my account?
An account lockout will occur if you enter an incorrect password and/or username five times in a row. The account will lock for five minutes, after which you can attempt to log in again. You have the option of resetting your password during the lockout time period.
How do I reset my password?
From the log-in screen, click the “Forgot your password?” link. You’ll be prompted to enter your email address. You’ll then receive an email with a link to reset your password. Once your password is reset, you can sign-in again.
Can an administrator send me my password?
No, system administrators cannot view anyone’s stored password. However, they can reset your password for you. Administrators may follow these steps to reset a user’s password:
- On the Contact details page, scroll down to the Assetas User Access section.
- Click on the Actions menu and select Set Password.
- Enter a new password for the user. Click the fingerprint icon to create a randomly-generated password.
- Select Set Password to save the new password and return to the Contact details page.
Can I change my password while I’m logged in?
Yes, any user may edit their own password while they are logged in.
- Select your user icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select My Preferences.
- In the Security section, click Change Password.
- You’ll be prompted for both your old and new passwords. Click Save to apply the new password.