Welcome! Follow this guide to begin your journey towards operational excellence.
Here are some key tips to save you time:
- Access Assetas using a modern browser that includes the following: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
- Save often! This system is cloud-based, and you’ll never regret saving frequently.
- Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*). Ensure you enter these fields as you populate data (and supporting information always helps).
- You can “favorite” reports, assets, contacts, and documents quickly by selecting the star icon in the list format. Once selected as a favorite, you can quickly navigate to those records that are the most important to you using the Favorite lists.
- There are configurable security roles to ensure the appropriate people can complete the necessary actions for their function. Please contact your system administrator if you have questions about your security role and system access.
- Sometimes opening a new tab can be handy, especially after you’ve filtered data. Right-click to edit or manage items in a new tab from your filtered list, and retain your filter settings on the original tab.
“My preferences” are settings unique to you. You can control how the application displays data based on what feels normal to you.
Select your account icon. Your account icon will be either your picture (if uploaded) or your initials if no picture has been uploaded. Choose “My Preferences”. You can update your Time Zone, choose how dates and times should be formatted, and how many rows should appear by default in tabular reports. You can also confirm if you’d like to receive the Email Task List and when you’d like to get this summary by day and time.
No matter where you are in the Assetas system, access our extensive Knowledge Base by selecting the help icon in the top right of the menu bar. The system will open a new tab with an article specific to the page you are on. In addition to clear instructions, we include helpful tips, notes, and common uses to provide pathways to best meet your goals. From the Main page, explore categories of articles or search any term (including exact terms in quotes) to view articles with relevant information.
Navigating the system
The dashboard module allows you to quickly gain insights into your assets, tasks, forms, and workflows. Your dashboard may be unique to you, or you may view a dashboard template curated to show the most useful metrics for your role.
The set of dashboard controls displayed the first time you log into Assetas are defaulted based on your Security Role. Each dashboard control can be configured for your dashboard and will not impact the default dashboard control. The original configuration of each dashboard control is an individual report that can be accessed via the Reports module for further analysis.
Within each dashboard control, the top right toolbar has options that allow you to open the control as a report, configure that dashboard control, or collapse/expand that dashboard control.
Select “Configure” at the top right of the Dashboard page if you’d like to add new dashboard controls, remove existing dashboard controls, or rearrange the dashboard controls to show the information in your preferred order. You may also import a pre-set Dashboard Template if any are applicable to your security role and database.
The global search allows you to enter any text and the system will return asset, contact, document, form, report, and task records whose detailed information contains that same text.
This search does not return results from supporting data such as attributes, telemetry tags, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, correspondence, locations, and change logs.
Assets are components, equipment, facilities, or regions that your organization is tracking. Associate assets to each other to capture process flow or parent/child relationships. Assets can store telemetric data, track associated contacts, and link to associated documents.
There are dedicated fields to add supporting information such as photos, addresses, coordinates, and telemetry tags. If you need to capture something specific that doesn’t already have a dedicated field, administrator(s) can easily create Attributes with defined data types to ensure high-quality data capture.
Contacts represent individual people, companies, or groups that have a role (direct or indirect) in managing assets and maintenance activities. Types can include staff, vendors, or consultants. A contact record is required to grant access to the system, based on a designated security role. Capture important discussion via Correspondence records or use Associated or Managed Contacts to relate contacts to each other.
Organize your documents by creating a single warehouse along with useful associations to other records, such as assets, contacts, forms, and tasks, to immediately locate and relate information. Seamlessly import your documents by importing single or bulk documents.
The Document Designer allows you to populate a template with system data to save time, improve accuracy, and automate deliverables.
Forms capture data electronically, online or offline, to validate data, save time, and improve data quality.
Enter a new form by expanding the Forms section on the sidebar navigation and select “New”. If there is more than one form type, select the form type you will be submitting. Answer each question and keep these tips in mind:
- Fields with an asterisk are required and must be populated.
- Hover over information icons to view recommendations or instructions.
- Choose to add comments or a photo for questions with those indicators present.
- Collapse or expand sections using the arrows.
- Where you see the #1 tag next to a section or question name, this indicates a repeating section or question. Use the gray delete and add buttons to the far right to manage repeating sections or questions.
The Form Designer module houses each form type, along with sections, questions, and supporting logic.
Reports summarize data and their trends for easy access and immediate understanding. The system is populated with a number of system-defined reports for immediate use so you can hit the ground running.
In addition, the Report Designer supports fully configured reports designed to meet your exact needs, including selecting your report type, defining arguments and variables, and controlling access as needed.
Tasks are discrete actions that are assigned and tracked to completion. Tasks can be generated from form answers or a workflow process.
Create a task
Create a new task by expanding the Tasks section on the sidebar navigation and select “New”. Enter the required fields of task type, priority, status, summary, and assignee. Develop the task further by providing the description, due date, tags, and comments; your assignee will thank you! The assignee will be notified based on their Email Task List preferences.
After saving the task, view the task detail page and edit to provide additional information such as new assignees, associated assets, correspondence, and associated documents.
Close a task
Expand the Tasks section on the sidebar navigation and select one of the following lists:
- “Search” returns a list of all tasks
- “All Open” returns a list of open tasks, excluding closed tasks
- “My Tasks” returns a list of tasks assigned to you
When you are viewing a list of tasks, view the detailed information using the first icon. On the task detailed information page, select “Close” at the top right. This button will set the closed date to the current date and the status to “Closed”.
If the task was incorrectly closed, select “Edit”. Update the “Status” to an appropriate option and remove the “Closed on” date. Once saved, the option to close will return for use.
As you begin your Assetas journey, please contact us anytime! We love to hear how our clients are using our solution. We want to ensure you have everything you need to be successful. #OperateWisely